How to Craft a Winning Press Release
A well-written press release can be a powerful way to get free media coverage for your business and increase interest in new “products, special events, or anything else that’s “news-worthy.”
It’s important to remember that a press release is not an advertisement. Rather, it’s a tool to let the media know that you have an interesting story to share. So your press release needs to provide all the facts that journalists would need to write a story of their own.
Here are a few things we always keep in mind when writing press releases for our clients:
- Grab the reader’s attention with a strong, compelling headline
- Include all the most important details in the first paragraph if possible
- Provide objective facts only, without any marketing “spin”
- Include specific details that answer: Who? What? When? Where? Why? and How?
- Keep the press release as concise as possible, ideally no more than one page
- Include at least one colorful, interesting quote from someone credible or relevant to your announcement
- Always provide a way for the reader to get more information (website, email, or phone number)
Got some news to share? Contact Us and let us put our expert writers to work for you!